Kenanga Investors Berhad
An individual by the name of Chan Kae Lun (NRIC No: 84013-06-5563) is no longer a Kenanga Investors Berhad’s unit trust agent as of 12 January 2021. As such, this individual is unrelated to Kenanga Investment Bank Berhad and its subsidiaries (collectively known as “Kenanga Group”). The individual does not have any authority whatsoever to transact any business and investment or to receive any money on our behalf.
The individual has been reported to mislead victims on the basis that they are an existing Kenanga Investors’ agent and have misrepresented the funds deposited by victims as their own investments.
Kenanga Investors has reported this matter to the relevant regulators and authorities for further investigation.
Always exercise extreme caution if you are offered a financial or investment scheme and take precautionary steps to avoid falling for scams.
Here are 6 ways to protect yourself and your financial interests:
- Deal only with individuals/entities who/that are licensed or registered by the Securities Commission Malaysia, Bank Negara Malaysia and/or the Federation of Investment Managers Malaysia.
- Ask questions and request for important information to verify the identities of the individuals/entities you are dealing with and to understand their products or services before investing.
- Don’t be pressured or rushed into making an investment decision. If unsure, check with the relevant authorities before investing/depositing any monies with any person or company.
- Be skeptical of any investment opportunity that is not in writing or ‘too good to be true’.
- With the increase of online scams, beware of investment advertisements over the internet.
- Keep your personal information secure (MyKad number, address, bank details, existing investment details, etc).
For more details, please visit:
Please contact Investor Services at 1-800-88-3737 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for any other assistance.